Sunday, October 21, 2007

Aunt Gretchen's Visit

During her business trip to King of Prussia, Aunt Gretchen, a Diamond Charter Club Member, enjoyed the many one-of-a-kind amenities of our establishment. In this picture, Aunt Gretchen arrives. Unfortunately, she was plagued by a persistent paparazza throughout her visit. Here she tries to fend off the paparazza, without success. Aunt Gretchen started off her visit by checking a few emails in the Business Center. After working hard on organizing family photos, Aunt Gretchen and Debbie took a ping pong break in the Fitness Center. We finished off our "workout" with a brisk game of darts. We had dinner at Cin Cin (our favorite Chinese restaurant) on Wednesday. On Thursday, we had dinner here (pasta salad), served on the Turner china, and accompanied by a bottle of Rich's birthday wine, Chimney Rock Napa Cabernet, 2003. Possibly the high point of Aunt Gretchen's visit was a trip to the Montgomery Animal Hospital, where Sandy's sutures were removed and Whitey's weight was checked (he's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, Aunt Gretchen's birth weight! He's supposed to get up to 9 pounds. With a height of 12 inches, his BMI is now 36, which would be morbidly obese for a human. I guess that formula doesn't apply to cats.) We also met a cute puppy coincidentally named "Ernie". We also did the Christmas drawing so that everyone would have plenty of time to shop! Aunt Gretchen is shown here reviewing the list. For taking Rich and me out to dinner at Cin Cin, Aunt Gretchen was awarded an extra 10,000 bonus points toward a future stay.

2 comments:

Aunt Gretchie and Uncle Todd said...

I had a great time visiting the Dahl/Schranz family at the Plymouth Meeting Hotel and Spa. Although, when I put my feet in the fish tank, nothing happened except that I got some water on the floor. See the article that Sarah isn't supposed to see.

I talked to Uncle Todd before I left Philadelphia and he told me he was still sick, so I got a flu shot at O'Hare Airport. There were kiosks all over, very handy.

I had an uneventful trip home, although the Departure Board said my flight from Chicago to Springfield was going to be 45 minutes late, it really wasn't, so I'm glad I didn't dawdle over my lunch.

Thank you again for your hospitality! I had a great time and look forward to coming to visit again some time!
Love,
Aunt Gretchie

dadahl said...

Gretchen, you will have to come again soon, because you have 20,000 points that you have to use up. Actually, Jenni and Roger have 20,000 points, too, so they should also come. And don't forget, if you come again, you'll get another 10,000 points plus a 10,000 bonus for participating in our "Frequent Visitor" program!